WAHA Connector Services
Our Connector Services team members at WAHA are trained to help you use Washington Healthplanfinder to identify which insurance options are available to you and to sign up for the health insurance you choose. You can sign up for one of our free and unbiased meetings by getting in touch with us using one of the options on our Contact page. Additionally, we have included some of the resources that our clients find most helpful below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Apply online at the Washington Healthplanfinder website
- Call Washington Healthplanfinder directly at: 1.855.923.4633
- Call a Broker or a local organization like WAHA where Navigators can help you. Most places will require an appointment, so it is generally best to call first
A major life change such as getting married, having a baby, moving to a new area or losing your existing coverage may make you eligible for a special enrollment period to enroll in health coverage. Once you’ve had a qualifying life event, you have 60 days from the event to enroll in a health plan or change your current plan. Below are some situations which count as a qualifying life event and initiate a Special Enrollment Period:
- Getting married
- Giving birth, adopting or placement of a child
- Permanently moving to a new area that offers different health plan options
- Losing other health coverage (for example, due to a job loss, divorce, loss of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP, expiration of COBRA coverage or a health plan being decertified)
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration
The following situations will not count as a qualifying life event:
- Voluntarily stopping other health coverage
- Being terminated for not paying your premiums
- Finding out your provider is not covered through your insurance plan
If you think that you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, start by completing an application at the Washington Healthplanfinder website to see if you qualify for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) or a Qualified Health Plan. From your account on the website, you can report a qualifying life event and answer some questions to determine if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
If Washington Healthplanfinder is unable to verify your qualifying life event electronically, you will be asked to submit additional documentation. After you submit the necessary documents, you will be notified by Washington Healthplanfinder if you qualify for a special enrollment period.
Remember you can always get in touch with a WAHA Connector Services team member to help you through every step of the process by visiting our Contact page.