Are you a Community Health Worker?
Join us for our Upcoming Whatcom CHW Network Meeting
Thank you to Sea Mar for hosting our August meeting. CHW Network meetings are the fourth Friday of the month, 9am-11am. Meetings are hosted by different members, so locations vary from month to month. Read previous meeting minutes, click here.
The Initiative has two main strategies: Creating a county-wide CHW Network and developing a CHW Project in the Sumas, Everson, Nooksack area.
- The Whatcom CHW Network started in April 2018. It brings CHWs together to get to know each other, share the work they’re doing, and support each other. WAHA’s goal is to support CHWs in deciding what kind of support and action will be the most useful to them. The Network meets monthly at different members’ locations; for information on upcoming meetings, please click here and remember to bookmark this URL to stay up to date on the Whatcom CHW Network Meetings: www.whatcomalliance.org/chwnetwork/
- The Latino Community Voice CHW Project is working on identifying trusted community members/natural helpers in the Latino community in Sumas, Everson, and Nooksack. WAHA is also learning about community assets, needs and priorities through a series of community gatherings in April and May 2018, as well as continuing to develop partnerships with the Nooksack Valley School District, churches, community organizations, and businesses. How the Project develops will depend on community members’ interests and priorities, and where the needs and opportunities are.
Our long term vision:
- To create a county-wide CHW Network to support CHWs in their work.
- To be a partner in a CHW Project with the Latino community in Sumas, Everson, and Nooksack
- To ensure there is communication and coordination with other CHW efforts across the region and state, including training, program development, and policy work.
Special thanks to Chuckanut Health Foundation, PeaceHealth, Whatcom Community Foundation, and United Way of Whatcom County for supporting the Whatcom County CHW Initiative.